Thursday, October 5, 2017

That time I was expecting...

When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I was the size of a land barge.  At 6 months pregnant, strangers would stop me on the street and ask me when I was due, true story.  When I told them that it would be 3 more months, they'd say, "3 more months!  Are you SURE its not twins!"

It was disheartening.  

Recently I discovered that publishing a book is kinda like that.  

At first I didn't want to tell anyone.  I was a little embarrassed and very afraid that I wasn't good enough or the idea wasn't good enough or the book wasn't good enough.  Are you sensing a theme?  And just like when we were having a baby, my husband was proud as punch and wanted to tell EVERYONE.

And gestating a book is hard work.  It is absorbing and for a little while everything else fades into a weird blur.  Finally 3 or 4 months in you come out of your haze and begin to see the world clearly again. 

Then comes the wait.  Will the book be published?  When will the book be published?  What should you call it? (Women of Action went so long without a name that if it had been a real baby, it would have been child abuse.)  What will it look like?  What should we do to get ready?
Everyone you know starts to say things like, "Hasn't that book been published yet?!"  "Aren't you ever going to get that book?"

Then finally the big day arrives.  You feel all happy and satisfied.  Unfortunately, you did not anticipate the fact that having a book is all consuming.  Every waking hour (and some hours that are positively unholy) you're writing content, sending emails, addressing envelopes, and trying to figure out the Wyoming tax code.  
Women of Action-A Ladies Bible Study teaching women of have hearts of obedience ready to be not only hearers but doers of the word!
Suddenly it's all over.  And your baby is all grown up and off into the world for everyone to look at and blame or praise you for its problems.  

See just like a baby!  

Well, ladies, this mama of two beautiful girls and one little book is off to take a shower and maybe a nap.  You enjoy these last 2 days of launch week.  Remember all the bonuses end tomorrow at midnight so if you wanted to order do it soon! 





                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment