Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Someone Needs What You Have to Say

I am having trouble writing today's blog.  I feel that there is something that needs said, but what is alluding me.  I have started writing several times and nothing seems right today.  I looked back over at Psalms 139 and thought about how even when we feel so lost and alone that God knows us.  In a recent comment related to another Psalms post, Helene pointed out all of the verbs in the Psalm.  I thought about doing this here:  He has searched me, He knows when I do everything, He understands my thoughts, He scrutinizes my path, He is acquainted with my ways, He knows the words on my tongue, He encloses me behind and before, He lays His hand upon me, His hand leads me, His right hand lays hold of me, He formed me, He skillfully wrought me, His eyes have seen even my unformed substance.  I thought about talking about how we are never alone.  He is intimately acquainted with us.  I thought about pointing out how we might feel misunderstood by others, but God knows everything about us.  He knows us even better than we know ourselves.  

In regards to this Psalm, I also thought about what Helene and Melissa have been writing about Jesus and thought about how he came to earth to put a body to the abstract ideas that God knows us and that we can know Him.  God in the person of Jesus came down so that men might know Him in the flesh.  He knows everything about humans, and those that walked with Him were able to know Him in a way that was never possible before Jesus came.  This too didn't seem like what I needed to say today.  

Next I moved on to looking at the 145th Psalm and talking about the question of why good things happen to bad people.  Here I thought of pointing out how He is great in lovingkindness and good to all according to verses eight and nine, and how verse sixteen tells us that He satisfies the desires of every living thing.  The sum of it all though is in verse seventeen when we are told that He "is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds."  The wicked and the righteous alike reap the benefits of His kindness.  It is not ours to question His righteous ways.  This too didn't feel like what you all needed to hear.  

I also thought about writing of a recent thought that I had after reading Proverbs 18 regarding how our words can crush the spirit of others but how the wise seek knowledge.  I thought about how I don't think it is an accident that these two verses were put together.  If we seek to understand others, then we are less likely to use crushing words.  Again, this didn't feel right.  So, now an hour later, I am left feeling as lost in regard to what to write today.  It came to me, that perhaps what was really needing said today wasn't suppose to come from me, but from one of our readers.  I really feel like something is needing said on our blog today, but not from me.  If the Lord has put a thought on your heart today, please share it below in the comments section because I feel that there is someone out there that needs to hear just what you have to say.  
Jane
Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE(R), Copyright(c) 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment