Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Short and Not So Sweet

In James 5:16 we are told, "therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another," and John adds that "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9).  I know that God wants me to draw near to Him (James 4:8) and that the best way to do this is through reading and prayer.  James also tells me that when I know the good that I ought to do and don't do it, this is sin (James 4:17).

I continue to struggle in my reading.  I did listen to I and II Peter a day or two after the last post but nothing grabbed me with which to write, and here I need to confess that I haven't read since then.  Tuesdays are about my journey and right now I need some encouragement on my path.  We are told in I Thessalonians to "encourage one another, and build up one another" (I Thessalonians 5:11).  This is your opportunity to do that.    Please post below what helps you stay on track with your reading, or get back on track when you are struggling.  Thanks for your assistance this week.    
Jane
Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE(R), Copyright(c) 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment