Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Giving God the Leftovers

Crumbs saucer forkHave you ever planned out your supper to include leftovers for the next meal only to discover at the end of your meal that all of the food is gone?  Now I have an even more important question.  Have you ever planned out your day to include your quiet time with the Father in your spare time during the day?  This is how I have been approaching my Bible reading lately.  I have intended to read during my spare moments during the day or at the end of the day before bed.  Somehow those spare moments have become filled up.   By nighttime, I am too tired to read and pray.  I have become so far behind that I have no reading to write about today, which is particularly bad considering the fact that my reading should be three weeks ahead of the blog.  

God doesn't want what I have left at the end of the day.  He wants my best.   He has commanded me to "seek first His kingdom and His righteousness."  Jesus doesn't end here though.  He promises that when I do this that all that I need will be added to me (Matthew 6:33).   I came to a decision last night that for me to seek Him first, I need to start out my day in quiet time with him, not leave this till the end of the day and hope there is something leftover for him.

About a month ago I posted a comment on here each day regarding my daily reading to help get me back on track.  I am going to again comment on this post everyday.  I hope some of you will come back to read my comments this week and hopefully post about your own reading.  Even if no one does, I need this accountability again this week.  


Jane
Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE(R), Copyright(c) 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment