Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dearest Daughter,

There was a point in my life when I was quite down on myself, and taking this first chapter of Ephesians and changing it into a letter from God to me, really helped me to realize how special I was to my Father.  I used the New Living Translation as a basis for this letter, but had to slightly alter it in a few places to change it into its current state.

My Dearest Daughter,

 
I am writing to you my holy daughter.  You are one of the faithful followers of my precious son. I give you my grace and peace.
 
All praise is due to me your father who is also the father of Christ.  I have blessed you with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because you are united with Christ. Even before I made the world, I loved you and chose you in Christ to be holy and without fault.  I decided in advance to adopt you my beloved daughter into my own family by bringing you to myself through my son Jesus. This is what I wanted to do, and it gave me great pleasure. So you can give me praise for the glorious grace I have poured out on you since you belong to my own dear son. I am so rich in kindness and grace that I purchased your freedom with the blood of my son and forgave your sins. I have showered my kindness on you, along with all wisdom and understanding.

I have now revealed to you my mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill my own good pleasure. And this is the plan: At the right time I will bring everything together under the authority of Christ everything in heaven and on earth. Furthermore, because you are united with Christ, you have received an inheritance from me, for I chose you in advance, and I make everything work out according to my plan.

 
My purpose was that the Jews who were the first to trust in Christ would bring praise and glory to me. And now you have also heard the truth, the Good News that I save you. When you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom I promised long ago. The Spirit is my guarantee to you dear daughter that I will give you an inheritance as I promised and that I have purchased you to be my own people. I did this so you would praise and glorify me.

Ever since Helene, Melissa, and Jane first heard of your strong faith in your Lord Jesus and your love for my people everywhere, they have been thanking me for you. They pray for you, asking me, your glorious father who is also the father of Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of me.  They pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope that I have given to you whom I have called�"my holy people who are my rich and glorious inheritance.

 
They also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of my power for you who believe. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at my right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else not only in this world but also in the world to come.  I have put all things under the authority of Christ and have made him head over all things for the benefit of you and the rest of the church which is my body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.
 
I Love you my dear and precious daughter, 

Your Father

 
Please share below readings that help you when you are struggling with your place in life. 
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment